Nectarine Za’atar Salad
If you love Mediterranean flavors, give this beautiful salad featuring Nectarines from Chile a try. Adding beans & quinoa helps to make it a meal.
Serves two as a main, 4 as appetizer
- ½ cup Labneh (Store bought or strained plain Greek yogurt)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 8 large leaves of Boston or Red Leaf Lettuce
- 2 Chilean Nectarines, sliced
- 1 cup chopped tomato (any variety)
- 1 can (540 mL or 19 fl oz) black beans (or substitute with your favorite bean), drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp Za’atar spice blend
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To plate, smear Labneh across one side of the plate. Top with quinoa, and layer lettuce for the base.
- Add nectarine slices, tomato, and beans. Sprinkle with Za’atar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Feel free to drizzle a lemon vinaigrette when serving or just a squeeze of lemon.
- You can also serve with fresh flatbread or rolls.