Peachy “Cheat” Tiramisu
1 Peach from Chile, peeled, pitted and finely chopped (makes approx. 1 cup)
8 Ladyfinger biscuits
½ cup cold coffee (Decaf if serving to children)
1/8 tsp almond flavor
1 cup Greek yogurt, vanilla flavor
2 tbsp store bought caramel sauce to drizzle before serving (optional)
Inspired by the classic dish, our adaption includes sweet Chilean peach and a hint of almonds. We’ve made it a simple recipe for 2 but you can easily increase the ratios to serve more.
- You will need two wide mouth glasses.
- Prepare peaches by scoring the bottoms with an X using a paring knife. Then blanch in boiled water for 30 seconds, remove and peel skin starting at the X. Remove pits and cut into small pieces.
- Dip the non-sugary side of each biscuit very briefly into the coffee. Don’t let it sit or the biscuit will absorb too much and crumble.
- For each glass, use 2 dipped biscuits to make the bottom layer. Before dipping, we cut our biscuits into smaller pieces to fit into the glasses.
- Stir almond flavor into the Greek yogurt. Then, top the biscuit layer with a quarter of the yogurt, per glass.
- Then add a ¼ of the chopped peaches on top of the yogurt, per glass.
- Repeat the layers, with the peach being the top layer.
- Wipe the insides of your glasses to clean up any smears, and cover with food wrap before moving into the fridge. The flavors will come together nicely if prepared the day before, but this could be prepared a few hours before serving if you don’t have the extra time.
- When serving, you can also drizzle with caramel sauce, although this is optional.