Grape “Nice” Cream Sorbet
- 3 cups seedless Grapes from Chile
- 1 cup grape juice (you can also substitute apple juice). Use red juice for red grapes and light juice for green grapes.
Looking for a fresh and easy way to make your own ice cream without an ice cream maker? This recipe calls for just two ingredients and a blender!
Makes 4 cups
- Wash and dry grapes. Lay grapes flat on a baking sheet and freeze overnight.
- Before you begin, remove grapes from freezer for 5-10 minutes and let rest at room temperature.
- Add 1 cup juice to blender and add frozen grapes. Pulse and push down the mixture repeatedly. Depending on the power of your blender, be sure to pulse and slightly mix the grapes often to release them, to protect the motor. This blending will get easier as you go but will take approximately 5 minutes. Keep blending until soft and then let the mixture puree to become the texture you desire.
- Avoid the temptation to add more liquid to speed up the process.
- Transfer puree to loaf pan and refreeze until ready to use. If you plan to store in the freezer for a prolonged period, cover or wrap loaf pan in food safe wrap/bag.
Feel free to add extra flavors to suit your taste! We love the idea of adding a hint of lime juice to the green grape nice cream. Other flavors you might like to try to include are ginger, cinnamon, honey, mint or basil.