Plum Chia Seed Pudding or Jam
- 2 Chilean plums, pureed (this makes approx. 1 ½ cup)
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) maple syrup or sweetener of choice (add more or less, to suit personal preference)
- 4 tbsp (30 mL) white chia seeds
This easy recipe is super tasty and versatile. Enjoy with some extra chopped fruit and yogurt as a breakfast, snack or dessert. Alternatively, serve the set pudding on toast as a jam!
Makes 2 cups
- To make the plum puree, remove the pits and use a blender to puree chopped plums until smooth.
- In a sealable jar, stir to combine maple syrup (or liquid sweetener of choice) and chia seeds.
- Add the puree and stir until the seeds are separated and dispersed throughout (sometimes it’ll stick to the side of the jar).
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to set.
- If you don’t want to see the seeds, feel free to blend the chia seeds until you have a smoother texture.
- You can also substitute the plums with other fresh stone fruits from Chile, such as peaches or nectarines.