- 3 Chilean kiwifruit
- ½ pound fresh snapper, halibut, or other white fish
- 8 red or purple radishes (watermelon radish could be fun here too)
- 1 Persian cucumber, sliced into thin wedges
- 2 small jalapeños, deseeded and sliced thin
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- Sea salt
- Optional: 1 bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Tortilla chips for serving
Peel and slice kiwifruit into bite-sized pieces – place in a large serving dish. Slice fish into 1/4 inch thick slices. Cut radishes, jicama and cucumber into bite-sized pieces as well. Add all ingredients to the serving dish.
Deseed and slice jalapenos thin and add to the kiwi mixture. Next dice the red onion to add to the mix. Add cherry tomato halves. Pour citrus juice over the top and stir everything to coat. Season generously with salt. Cover and refrigerate for at 20-30 minutes allowing the fish to cure and the flavors to minge. You’ll know the ceviche is ready when the fish becomes opaque.
At serving time, top ceviche with cilantro and serve with chips and beer or other chilled drinks!
Serves 3 as a main. Serves 8 as appetizer.