Kiwifruit Salad with Butter Lettuce, Avocado, Prawns and Chives with Kiwi Lime dressing
- 4 kiwifruit – 2 for dressing + 2 for salad
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- ½ avocado for dressing + 2 avocados peeled and sliced for salad
- 2 teaspoons toasted white sesame seeds ( one for dressing; one for topping)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 8 grilled prawns (or a grilled chicken breast would be lovely too)
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
Prep kiwifruit by removing peels. Place two kiwis in a blender for dressing and slice remaining two kiwis and set aside.
Add lime juice, garlic, olive oil, ½ avocado and 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds to the blender. Blitz to combine. Taste and add a generous pinch of salt and grinds of black pepper. Blitz again. Adjust seasoning to taste. Set dressing aside while you prep the rest of the salad.
Arrange butter lettuce leaves, avocado slices, grilled prawns, and sliced kiwi in a low salad bowl or serving dish. Dress generously and Scatter chives and remain teaspoon toasted sesame seeds over the top.
Eat right away. Store any extra dressing in a covered container in the fridge.