Chicken Salad Lettuce Cups With Blueberries
- 1 ¼ pound grilled (or rotisserie) chicken breast, torn into bite-sized chunks
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 1 cup fresh Chilean blueberries
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- ¼ cup whole-milk, plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves separated, washed and dried.
1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
Place chicken in a medium mixing bowl along with shallot, blueberries, celery, and almonds. Toss to combine.
In another bowl whisk together dressing ingredients: yogurt, lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, garlic and ample salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle dressing over the chicken salad. Toss to coat and season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
Place butter lettuce leaves on a serving platter. Scoop dressed chicken salad into each butter lettuce “cup.” Top with a few grinds of black pepper and flat-leaf parsley. Eat right away.
Serves 4 as a light meal