Kiwifruit Breakfast Tarts
For the tart shells:
- 2 ½ cup rolled oats, divided
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 10 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 ½ cup plain (or vanilla) yogurt
- 4-6 Chilean kiwifruits, sliced
- honey for drizzling
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Pulse 2 cups oats in food processor to make coarse oat flour.
In a large mixing bowl or standing mixer with the paddle attachment, stir to combine oat flour, ½ cup oats, coconut, and salt.
Add eggs and vanilla. Mix. Add butter and honey, and continue to mix until ingredients are integrated.
Scoop batter into nonstick (or buttered) tart pans. Bake on the lower rack of the oven, until deep golden, 30 minutes. Let tart shells cool on a cooling rack.
At serving time, top each tart shell with ¼ cup yogurt + peeled, sliced kiwifruit. Drizzle honey over the tops.
Makes 6 individual tarts