- 3 ounces fresh, tender baby kale leaves
- 2/3 cup fresh Chilean blueberries
- 2 Chilean navel oranges, peeled, pith removed, and cut into segments
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup toasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 20 fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- generous pinch of sea salt
- ground black pepper to taste
Place kale, blueberries, orange slices, avocado, almonds, goat cheese, fennel slivers, sunflower seeds and mint leaves in a large salad bowl.
Whisk all dressing ingredients. Dip a kale leaf into the dressing to taste for seasoning. Add a little more lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste.
Drizzle a few tablespoons of dressing over the salad. Toss to coat and add more dressing to your liking.