Stone Fruit Galettes
- 2 tablespoons turbinado/raw sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg yolk, whisked
- 1 tablespoons water
- Pre-made pie dough, rolled into eight 6-inch rounds, 1/8 inch thick
- 2 ripe but firm Chilean peaches
- 2 ripe but firm Chilean nectarines
- 2 ripe but firm Chilean plums
- 2 ripe, but firm Chilean pluots
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Preheat oven to 375.
In a small bowl, mix together sugar and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk egg yolks with 2 tablespoons water. Set both bowls aside as you assemble your galettes. Lay eight rounds of prepared pie dough onto two large baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Thinly slice fruit, leaving the peels on. Arrange fruit in a circular pattern, layering slices in the center of each round of dough. Leave 1.5 inches of naked dough around the edges. Fold the edges of dough up around the fruit. Brush crust with egg wash and drizzle melted butter onto the fruit. Then sprinkle galettes with cinnamon sugar.
Bake galettes for 35 minutes or until the fruit is juicy and the crust is golden.