Chilean Grapes and Chorizo
- 4 Chorizo sausages cut into 1 1/2. inch pieces
- 1/4 pound fresh Chilean red seedless grapes
- 1/4 pound fresh Chilean green seedless grapes
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 cup dry red wine (Shiraz, Malbec or Merlot)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
In a non-stick skillet over medium high heat add chorizo, allowing some of the oils to come out. If needed, add a tablespoon of olive oil. Add grapes, oregano, and thyme. Continue to brown the sausage and wilt the grapes to allow their natural juices to seep out. Grapes will start to pop, so monitor as the cook. All this should take about ten minutes.
Remove chorizo and grapes from the pan and put on a serving dish. Add wine to the pan and scrape down the bottom of the pan to release the drippings and flavoring. On low heat, reduce the wine slightly, then add the butter, one tablespoon at a time. Whisk the sauce until it reaches a rich glaze. Pour over sausage and top with parsley.
Use as a side dish, as a filling for pita, or roll into tortillas for a party snack.