Chilean Orange Kiwifruit Tapioca Parfait
- 3 cups whole milk, divided
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 navel oranges, peeled, and segmented
- 6 kiwifruit, peeled, quartered, and sliced
- Orange segments, for garnish
Stir together 2. cups of the milk, tapioca, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly, scraping the bottom and sides to prevent from sticking. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir for 5 minutes longer. Mix 1/4 cup of the reserved cold milk with the cornstarch and add to hot milk mixture. Continue cooking and stirring for 5 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
Remove from heat and pour tapioca pudding into a deep metal bowl. Stir every few minutes until it cools, about 10 minutes.
Once the tapioca pudding is cool. Assemble parfaits in 8-ounce glasses in the following order: orange segments at the bottom, tapioca pudding in the middle and kiwifruit on top. Garnish with an orange section. Cover and refrigerate; serve chilled.