- 1 large peach, peeled
- 1 cup Chilean blueberries
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon toasted sliced almonds
- 2 cups baby arugula, washed
- 1 cup butter lettuce, washed and chopped
- 1 ounce julienned red onion
- 2 sprigs fresh mint, chiffonade
Halve the peach and slice each half into 3 slices; set aside. Wash the blueberries and toss them with 1 tablespoon of the preserves and set aside.Whisk together the vinegar, remaining 1 tablespoon preserves, the lemon juice and zest, 1/4 cup of the oil, and cayenne pepper until well mixed. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set the dressing aside to let the flavors combine.
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Mix the cheese and almonds together and spread them into a 4- to 5-inch circle or square onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for approximately 4 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove the cheese crisp from the oven and allow it to cool to room temperature. When cooled, cut or break it into two pieces.
Preheat a broiler or grill to medium heat. Brush the reserved peach slices with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Grill the peaches until slightly charred and warmed through.
In a large salad bowl, toss the arugula, butter lettuce, mint, onion and 3/4 cup of the blueberries with the prepared vinaigrette.Divide the mixed greens between two salad plates. Arrange the grilled peach slices and remaining blueberries next to the salads and garnish with a crisp. Serve immediately.