Fast Cherry Cake
Impress your guests with a delightful dessert that’s both quick and delicious. This Fast Cherry Cake is perfect for any occasion, from everyday treats to special celebrations like birthdays or showers. The base of this is a store-bought sponge or angel cake, though the end result is anything but basic once the Chilean Cherries are added.
- 1 cup fresh Chilean cherries, pitted and chopped
- 1 store-bought sponge cake or angel cake (or individual sized portions)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pit and chop the fresh cherries.
- In a mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream with sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold in some finely sliced Chilean cherries – just enough so you can see cherries but the cream maintains its texture.
- Slice the store-bought sponge cake or angel cake horizontally to create two or more layers, depending on your cake size and preference.
- Spread a layer of prepared whipped cream on the bottom cake layer and sprinkle with chopped cherries.
- Place the next cake layer on top and repeat the process until you’ve used all the layers.
- Finish by spreading whipped cream on the top layer and decorating with additional cherries.