Cherry-Topped Shortbread Cookies
Elevate classic shortbread cookies by drizzling them with icing and adorning them with Chilean cherries and chopped almonds. The combination of buttery shortbread, sweet cherries, and nutty crunch creates many textures and flavors perfect for any occasion.
- 1 batch of shortbread cookie dough (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 cup powdered sugar (for icing)
- Fresh Chilean cherries, pitted
- Chopped almonds
- Follow the instructions for your shortbread cookie dough, shaping it into rounds or desired shapes. Bake until they are golden brown, and let them cool completely. Alternatively use store bought shortbread cookies to save time!
- Mix powdered sugar with a small amount of water to create a thick but pourable icing.
- Drizzle the icing over the cooled shortbread cookies.
- While the icing is still wet, top each cookie with chopped and pitted Chilean cherries and a sprinkle of chopped almonds.
- Allow the icing to set before serving.